Wednesday 19 July 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #128 - Heidi's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge


It's my turn as hostess for this week's challenge.  What fun!  Welcome to my Masculine "Anything Goes" challenge.  I love the opportunity to make these masculine cards.  With my extensive family, most of whom are male, it is great to have more from which to choose.


It's funny the way things happen.  When I saw the Coffee Cafe bundle my first reaction was that I didn't need it.  How many people would I send coffee-oriented cards?  But then second thoughts smothered those first thoughts and I added it to my list.  How many of my friends and relatives drink coffee or something else that could be made with this set?  Most of them.  How awesome is the Designer Paper for this bundle?  Absolutely "frickin" awesome.  I love the colours, the designs---everything about the paper.

Using the bundle for a masculine card made me think a bit more about what would make it masculine.  The colours, of course.  And so I used a base of Early Espresso, added a layer of Crumb Cake, added a layer of the gorgeous wood-grain, primarily Early Espresso designer paper and then added a large square of Crumb Cake and three small squares along the right side.  Into the large square I added another piece of the wood-grain designer paper.  Onto that I adhered the cup of coffee, all dressed up with a sentiment and stamped coffee beans.  Into the small squares I added (from top to bottom) a small coffee cup, a leafy branch with coffee beans, and a small coffee pot, all fussy-cut from the designer paper.


I love the colours in this card and know that it will be appreciated.  Especially when it has been opened to expose the Starbucks gift card inside.  Coffee really does help.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards created by our Watercooler Artists over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Most of my guy friends and family would agree that coffee simply makes their day. So, your masculine take on this set is perfect for this challenge. Love the colours you chose,and all the layers. The colors make me instantly think of lumberjacks or fishermen so good choice. All around great card Heidi. Thanks for hosting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Suite Heidi - its my favourite from the new catalogue and I love that pop of Red with it. I also love those smaller elements on the side - might have to CASE this one xx

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.